International Songwriters Awards – Rules (v. 1.5.16)
- Application is done online. Each online entry must comply with the following:
- Completed application form with original signature.
- Application fee to be paid by due date.
- Song entries must be in mp3 format and uploaded to the allocated area as detailed in the instructions sent to each songwriter entrant.
Maximum size of each mp3 file is 10mB. Maximum play time per mp3 file is 10 minutes.
- Each song entry must be named. The name of each song must match that entered on the application form. If you have access to meta tag
the mp3 file then please enter this information there also. If not then we will do this for you free.
- For the ‘Lyrics’ category, you may send these on PDF. You can also record them onto an mp3 file (optional).
- For the ‘Music Video’ category, videos must be uploaded in mp4 format. Maximum size of each mp4 file is 50mB. Maximum play time per
mp4 file is 5 minutes.
- Application/entry fee - The standard entry fee is £ 10 (US $15 / Euro 12) or equivalent to the currency exchange rate of your country
at time of entry. This entitles you to enter 1 track in 1 category. You may however enter up to 5 tracks in any category and enter as many categories as you like. Each of these additional entries
will cost £ 10 (US $15 / Euro 12) or equivalent to the currency exchange rate of your country at time of entry. ISA reserve the right to offer discounted or increased entry fees at certain
promotional events and to extend the entry deadline.
- Payment options - The following payment options are available and details are provided upon receipt of your application: Paypal,
Western Union, bank transfer (depending on country of entrant).
- All entries submitted must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs may
have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated as the Entrant on the entry form. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold ISA harmless from and against any claims inconsistent
with the foregoing. Entrants cannot be signed to a record label unless that label gives written release for the entrant to enter this competition. Entrants may enter if the record label is their own.
The entrant must own 100% of the publishing rights to the song.
- Entrants must be 16 years or more on April 20, 2016. If entrant is under 18 years old, the signature of a parent or guardian is
- Categories: Alternative, Ambient, Animation, Blues, Children's, Country, EDM, Folk, Hip-Hop/R&B, Instrumental, Jazz, Latin, Lyrics
Only, Music Video, Pop, Rock, Soundtrack, World.
- Lyrics must not contain profanity/obscenity. This includes sung lyrics and also those entered into the ‘Lyrics Only’ category. Any
entries that conflict with this rule will be rejected.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. International Songwriters Awards (ISA) is not responsible for any
entries that do not play, are entered or labelled/tagged incorrectly. Entrants may be amateur or professional. They may be of any nationality.
- Singers, songwriters and any family members or associates of ISA or Bureau 3 Records are not eligible to enter.
- If there are less than 10 entries in a category, ISA reserve the right to not enter that category into the final results, to ensure a
high standard of winners. If there are less than 10 entries in a category, ISA may contact the songwriters that have entered songs in that category and invite them to submit additional tracks. If a
category is to be withdrawn from the final results, the entrants of that category will be refunded their application fee. ISA may promote categories to encourage entries to ensure an exciting
- There will be a winner awarded in each category and an overall competition winner.
- Prizes –
- Although many competitions award cash prizes, ISA has decided that practical prizes should be awarded to benefit the songwriter. These
practical prizes are sponsored by Bureau 3 Records an International record label. All winners will receive an ISA certificate confirming their category and winning entry. Their name and ‘winner’ will
be clearly identified on the certificate. The winners will receive an electronic version of their certificate and have the right to use the certificate to promote their career and may publish the
certificate on their personal letterhead/correspondence media, website, social media profiles, professional profiles i.e. LinkedIn and any other media they choose.
- ‘Winners’ will also be listed on the ISA section of the website www.bureau3records.com. The winning song/lyrics for each category will
be kept on the website along with the official recognition of the winner for each category. This will assist them in verifying their certificates to any third party that may want verification. This
is important for professional development.
- In addition to 18(a)+(b), category winners will receive the ’Silver’ promotion package from Bureau 3 Records. This will include
marketing the winner’s entry and profile using various media facilities and promoting them on soundcloud, facebook, twitter, LinkedIn. A 30 second promotional video will be made for your winning
entry and this will be promoted on various music channels and Youtube. The winner may also be offered the opportunity to write songs / lyrics for other artists at Bureau 3 Records.
- In addition to 18(a)+(b), an overall winner for the whole competition will be chosen. They will receive the ‘Gold’ promotion package.
This is a major promotion offered by Bureau 3 records.
- There will be no transfer or substitution of prizes. All winners agree to release ISA and
sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won.
- Prizes will be awarded to the name of the entrant that was on the application form. No other claims will be accepted. It is the
responsibility of the entrant to ensure they have full rights to enter their entries to their name.
- All entries will be listened to by the ISA entrants committee. They will select 5 entries from each category as the finalists. This
means that across the 18 categories there will be a maximum of 90 finalist entries. If a person has submitted more than one track, then it is possible that they could have more than one of their
tracks in the final selection. These final entries will then be sent to the judging panel and put on the website at www.bureau3records.com for public vote. Entry constitutes permission to
distribute your song or lyrics to the judges and put on the website.
- The judging panel consists of people from the music industry and may include music producers, songwriters, performing artists, record
label executives. By entering, the entrant agrees to accept the final decision of the ISA and its judging panel.
- The 90 finalist entries in the 18 categories will be informed by email by 1st September 2016. The list of finalist entries
will be announced on the website www.bureau3records.com
and any other media decided by ISA.
- From 1st September to 14th September 2016, the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite
entry. Voting is done via the www.bureau3records.com website using a simple voting procedure. The public vote will count for 20% of the overall result.
- From 1st September to 14th September 2016, the judging panel will select their winner for each category. The
judges votes count for 80% of the overall result.
- The total results from the public and judges will be combined. The winners for each category and the
overall competition winner will be notified by 30th September 2016.
- ISA reserve the right to adjust the above dates. In the unlikely event that this happens, all entrants will be notified by email of
these changes. ISA will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without
additional compensation. Also their song may be used for promotional purposes.
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s).
- By entering ISA, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the
decisions of ISA and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official ISA Rules.